Rappenstein Liechtenstein
Information regarding health insurance

CONCORDIA in Liechtenstein

Are you moving to Liechtenstein in the near future? Or are you already here? Are you an expat who is working here? If so, find out now about mandatory health care insurance (OKP), which is obligatory in Liechtenstein, and possible supplementary insurance, which improves your protection. The health insurance company CONCORDIA will competently advise you on the subject.

Wide selection

Wide selection

Insurance solutions – for customised insurance coverage

Close to our customers

Close to our customers

Two customer centers that guarantee the best quality of service on site

For families

For families

Special benefits – attractive premiums for children

This is what you must know:

  • Anyone living in Liechtenstein must be insured against the consequences of illness and accidents.
  • Mandatory health care insurance (OKP) is obligatory for everyone, regardless of age, place of origin or residence status.
  • You can top up mandatory health care insurance with supplementary insurance for things such dental treatments, alternative methods and travel.

For you, this means:

  • Insure yourself and your immediate family with CONCORDIA no later than three months after your move to Liechtenstein.
  • Costs for the gynaecologist and preparation for childbirth are partially covered with mandatory health care insurance. A supplementary insurance pays on invoices for the dentist.
Each health insurance provider must accept you unconditionally – that is, without a health examination – for mandatory health care insurance. The benefits are the same with all insurance providers, since they are prescribed by law. You yourself always bear a part of the costs as the insured person. 

You insure yourself this way:

Mandatory health care insurance is obligatory for everyone. It covers the costs of the diagnosis or treatment of illnesses, in the event of pregnancy and accident as well as the consequences all the way to physiotherapy. Legal regulations govern which costs the insurance provider takes over and for which part of the costs you yourself must pay. Cost sharing is influenced by:

  • The deductible: It is a participation in the health costs that you as the insured person bear before your health insurance participates in the costs at all. In Liechtenstein, with mandatory health care insurance, you can choose between four yearly deductibles: CHF 500, CHF 1,500, CHF 2,500 and CHF 4,000. The choice of your deductible affects the amount of your premiums. Let our specialists advise you.
  • The retention fee: It is prescribed by law and always amounts to 20 % (10 % for adults who have reached the ordinary retiring age). This means you pay that 20 % of the invoice that exceeds the deductible amount. The remaining 80 % is taken over by your health insurance. However, there is a limit of additional costs for adults depending on the amount of their deductible. Children and teenagers pay neither deductible nor retention fee.
Each person has different needs. Even when it comes to the coverage of healthcare services. For this purpose, the supplementary insurances are there. They supplement the benefits above and beyond basic insurance.

Please note the following:
Unlike with mandatory health care insurance, the insurance provider is not obligated to admit you to its supplementary insurance plans. The insurance provider has the right either to refuse a new contract without giving a reason or to attach conditions on a new insurance contract.

Do you want to know what the health insurance pays in gynaecology and for the ultrasound? Or in cardiology? What is with the medicines and medicinal products, generic medicines and pharmacies? 

What are your needs?

Contact your personal advisor to learn more about our offer.