Health insurance card
In Switzerland and in the Principality of Liechtenstein, the health insurance card must be presented when purchasing medically prescribed medicines in a pharmacy. In certain hospitals and medical practices, the health insurance card serves as proof of insurance.
This is what you need to know!
- The health insurance card is issued by your health insurance provider.
- You will find the health insurance card of the Principality of Liechtenstein on the front of the card.
- On the back side, you will find the European Health Insurance Card.
- On the card, you will find the concordiaMed 24-hour emergency telephone number, which is valid worldwide.
- If you lose the card, you must order a new card.
- When changing health insurance providers, you will receive a new card.
You should always have the card with you at all times, even when traveling and during stays abroad.
Insurance card serves as proof of insurance
The insurance card serves as a health insurance certificate in the Principality of Liechtenstein and in Switzerland as well as in EU and EFTA countries. Moreover, it simplifies the billing process between health insurances as well as doctors, pharmacies and hospitals. The administrative data only has to be recorded once, which reduces the effort significantly.
With the concordiaMed emergency telephone number accessible worldwide, 24 hours a day
This emergency telephone number can be found on each insurance card. concordiaMed is a round-the-clock service which is available to all persons insured by CONCORDIA. In the event of any medical concerns or uncertainties, qualified experts advise you by telephone.
Loss, damage or theft of the card
You can request a new card. Within two to three weeks, you will receive your new insurance card by mail.
If you are in urgent need of the card because you are planning a stay in an EU or EFTA country, we would be happy to issue you the provisional replacement certificate.
- Order the provisional replacement certificate
If you have any questions, your CONCORDIA will be pleased to help you.
New card when changing health insurance
When changing health insurance, the future insurance provider will issue you a new insurance card.
The previous insurance provider, as the owner of the insurance card, has the possibility to request the card back in order to exclude further use or to prevent misuse. Before you send the card back upon expiry or when changing insurance provider, you may cut up the microchip so that your personal data will be irrevocably deleted.